Projects > Skyways > Buildings
Great Northern (180 E 5th) &
333 on the Park
Bridge 26 (North) – 1990
Bridge 31 (West) – 1986
Bridge 36 (South) – 1989
Skyway Adjacent Buildings
Galtier Plaza (North)
Pioneer-Endicott/Jackson Ramp (West)
180 E 5th St, St. Paul, MN, 55101
Total Sq. Ft.: 672,806
Owner: GAMMA Real Estate
Management Company: CBRE
333 On The Park
333 N Sibley St, St. Paul, MN, 55101
Housing Units: 134
Owner: Timberland Partners
Security Company: Agreement with Great Northern
Skyway 26 Agreement (PDF)
Skyway 31 Agreement (PDF)
Skyway 36 Agreement (PDF)
333 on the Park was granted an hours exception agreement to only open until 6pm on weekdays and remain locked to the public all weekend. In 2020 an additional exception was granted to make them locked to the public 24/7. It was agreed that hours would be revisited in the event that either a commercial tenant went into a 333 on the Park space, or the Great Northern eastern hallway were to close to the public. (need to find city council motion for this and other hours exceptions)
A comprehensive guide to the climate controlled city owned bridges that make the skyway the skyway.
Essentially the same information presented in the bridges section, only sorted by building.
Why is this door locked? Where ARE the doors? How do I get in? How do I get OUT? Skyway access is one of the more perplexing aspects of the DtStP Skyway.
Getting from A to B can be quite an undertaking. There are maps and signs in every building but how helpful are they and what does improving them mean?
Immediate Action Items:
- Determine what content is most valuable
- Go through agreements and add any additional buildings included
- Get consistent photos for all skyway bridges
- Compile information in a spreadsheet/database
Long-Term Action Items:
- Redraw easements to modern technology standards (or submit a request that DSI do it?)
- Obtain hi-res skway level building maps and integrate with bridges and access maps, creating a SUPERmap.
- Add a comprehensive buildings section to the mix, including all spaces vacant and occupied.
- Integrate database with comprehensive DtStP database.
Potential Related Projects?