Projects > Skyways > Buildings
Bridge 34 (North) – 1995?
Skyway Adjacent Buildings
First National Bank (North)
111 Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN, 55101
Housing Units: 472
I think this bridge is actually older than 1995, which is the date on many of the bridge maintenance agreements, including in this file. The only other date I see on my perusal of the agreement is 1971, but that seems early. Then again, this bridge does oddly require you do go down to the street level of First National to access. Confusingly, the agreement seems to include the 1967 Skyway Charter also.
A comprehensive guide to the climate controlled city owned bridges that make the skyway the skyway.
Essentially the same information presented in the bridges section, only sorted by building.
Why is this door locked? Where ARE the doors? How do I get in? How do I get OUT? Skyway access is one of the more perplexing aspects of the DtStP Skyway.
Getting from A to B can be quite an undertaking. There are maps and signs in every building but how helpful are they and what does improving them mean?
Immediate Action Items:
- Determine what content is most valuable
- Go through agreements and add any additional buildings included
- Get consistent photos for all skyway bridges
- Compile information in a spreadsheet/database
Long-Term Action Items:
- Redraw easements to modern technology standards (or submit a request that DSI do it?)
- Obtain hi-res skway level building maps and integrate with bridges and access maps, creating a SUPERmap.
- Add a comprehensive buildings section to the mix, including all spaces vacant and occupied.
- Integrate database with comprehensive DtStP database.
Potential Related Projects?