St. Joseph’s Hospital
Bridge 1 Easement Agreement
Bridge one agreement doesn’t have an illustrated easement for St. Joseph’s, but states “1. St. Joseph’s will provide a public easement from the St. Peter Street sidewalk to and over the stairs leading to the skyway level pedestrian bridge, including the area to be occupied by the stair tower.” as well as “7. That Second Parties agree to provide those members of the public who are physically handicapped with reasonably direct access within their respective buildings to elevators at the ground level and reasonably direct access from said elevators to the skyway bridge, and the pedestrian concourse system within the Medical Office/Gallery building; provided, however, that St. Joseph’s handicapped access, which are the existing elevators on the eastern side of their building, are not within the easement areas as hereinabove described.”
I think St. Joe’s may have filed for a full hours exception in early 2020, but I’m not sure if that ever went through the full process?
A comprehensive guide to the climate controlled city owned bridges that make the skyway the skyway.
Essentially the same information presented in the bridges section, only sorted by building.
Why is this door locked? Where ARE the doors? How do I get in? How do I get OUT? Skyway access is one of the more perplexing aspects of the DtStP Skyway.
Getting from A to B can be quite an undertaking. There are maps and signs in every building but how helpful are they and what does improving them mean?
Immediate Action Items:
- Determine what content is most valuable
- Go through agreements and add any additional buildings included
- Get consistent photos for all skyway bridges
- Compile information in a spreadsheet/database
Long-Term Action Items:
- Redraw easements to modern technology standards (or submit a request that DSI do it?)
- Obtain hi-res skway level building maps and integrate with bridges and access maps, creating a SUPERmap.
- Add a comprehensive buildings section to the mix, including all spaces vacant and occupied.
- Integrate database with comprehensive DtStP database.
Potential Related Projects?